The ADNPYR - DNA PYRENEES is a project that aims to enhance the value of Pyrenean heritage with its natural, cultural and tourist elements through environmental education. The general objectives promote the work from different actions of awareness, promotion and training of the actors who live and visit the Pyrenees.
The project has 5 actions planned:
- ACTION 1: Project management. This involves the six project partners and the Living Pyrenees Education Network, which includes more than 80 environmental education organisations.
- ACTION 2: Communication. The aim is to develop specific communication actions to make the information available to all audiences.
- ACTION 3: Awareness-raising. This action includes 3 projects:
- Travelling exhibition Piribus, journey to the heart of the Pyrenees. This exhibition, housed in a trailer, visits different towns in the Pyrenees from 2019 to 2021 (it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic). Andorra hosted the exhibition in October 2019 in Escaldes-Engordany for 15 days. During this period, 1500 visits were recorded, of which around 500 were from school pupils from all over the country who were able to enjoy the exhibition. At the same time, 17 divulgation activities were organised to deal with aspects of the Pyrenean heritage present in Andorra, with the attendance of more than 250 people.
- Mobile application: Digital Museum of the Pyrenees, which aims to be a tool for the promotion, knowledge and divulgation of the elements of Pyrenean heritage. The aim is to show different massifs throughout the Pyrenees Mountain range with associated routes and that in each one you can discover certain points or elements of heritage interest (biodiversity, architecture, ethnography, natural hazards, landscape, history...). In Andorra, the Comapedrosa Natural Park and the territory of Ordino will be displayed in several routes that will include around a hundred points of interest on flora, fauna, landscape, cultural, architectural and historical heritage.
- MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) training platform. A distance learning educational tool with the aim of providing knowledge of the elements that make up the Pyrenees, integrated into the axes of geology, landscape, biodiversity and human history. The educational portal will be open to all audiences with the aim of training and exchanging information in a rigorous and transversal way on the elements of the Pyrenean territory and its valorisation.
- ACTION 4: Proposals for strategic orientation with the elaboration of an Environmental Education Strategy for the Sustainability and Valorisation of Heritage. This document aims to be a guideline for the institutions and entities responsible for raising awareness of the value of heritage and the professionalism of education in sustainability.
- ACTION 5: Pedagogical coordination, training and structuring of environmental education actors. This action includes the organisation of 2 seminars and the annual meetings of the trans-Pyrenean network of environmental education, the Living Pyrenees Education Network.
This project is led by the French association Ligue pour la Protection des Oiseaux (LPO) and has the participation of the other project partners: the Generalitat de Catalunya, the public company GAN-NIK Gestión Ambiental de Navarra, the Catalunya La Pedrera foundation, the NGO SEO/BirdLife in Aragon and Andorra Recerca + Innovació.
Andorra Research + Innovation is grateful for the financial support of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the Government of Andorra through the 2017 aid of the European projects POCTEFA 2014-2020 (Ref. AUEP005-AND/2017).